Peppermint is one of the oldest and most regarded herbs for supporting digestion. Young Living’s essential oil is roughly 4 times more concentrated than the typical peppermint extract which is liquid alcohol flavored with peppermint. When using Peppermint essential oil in place of peppermint extract, use 1/8 tsp of essential oil for 1 tsp of extract. Then add more drops of Peppermint oil, if needed, until you are satisfied with the flavor.
As a dietary supplement, Peppermint can support healthy gut function and digestive efficiency.*
- Peppermint is considered a “hot” oil meaning that it will have a cooling sensation on your skin if it is not properly diluted before applying it to your skin.
- Peppermint oil may affect breast milk production, so avoid it while pregnant or nursing.
- If you are taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health care professional prior to use.
- Dilute heavily if you will be using it on small children.
Way to Use Peppermint
Instructions from the bottle: Diffuse up to 10 minutes 3 times daily.
- Open the bottle and take a few deep breaths.
- Add 1-2 drops on your hand, rub them together clockwise and bring them up to your nose using prayer hands. Separate your hands starting with your thumbs, but keeping your pinkies and the outside of your palms together. Take a few deep breaths for a quick pick-me-up or to help curb cravings. *
- Add a few drops to a diffuser. Pairs great with citrus oils.
- Add 2-3 drops to a cotton ball and place it at the bottom of your garbage bin to assist with odor control.
Instructions from the bottle: Dilute 1 drop with 4 drops of V-6 or olive oil. Test on small area of skin on underside of arm. Apply to desired area as needed.
- Rub 2-3 drops (diluted) on your temples, around the hair line and on the back of your neck at the base of your skull.
- Rub on your shoulders and knees (diluted) to help combat discomfort from everyday activities.
- Rub on your stomach for digestion support. Clockwise to help things move along or counter-clockwise to help them slow down. Combine with Digize for an extra boost.
- Cooling Spray: In a 2 oz glass spray bottle, add 3-5 drops of Peppermint and fill with distilled water. Shake and spray to cool down.
- Foot Soak: Grab a glass bowl and add 1 cup of Epsom salt. Add 2 drops of Peppermint and 2 drops of Thieves. Mix together and add to a tub of warm water. Enjoy your detoxing food soak!
Instructions from the bottle: Add 1–2 drops to a vegetarian gel capsule and take daily or as needed as a dietary supplement.
- Add 1-2 drops to a vegetable capsule and fill with 4-8 drops of carrier oil. Chase with water.
- Add 1-2 drops to your tea.
- Include a drop in a tall glass of cool water for a refreshing start to your morning. Add a drop of Lemon for a spark of flavor.
- Use in baking and in a wide variety of desserts.
- Add 1 drop to your favorite hot chocolate recipe.
How do you use your Peppermint?
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.