Thieves is a proprietary blend of pure essential oils (Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus Radiata and Rosemary) tested at Weber State University, Ogden, Utah, and found to have a 99.96% effective rate against airborne bacteria. The oils in this blend are wonderful for a healthy immune system.*
History of Thieves
During the Black Plague of 16th century, a small band of thieves were caught in the act and brought before the King. The thieves had been entering the homes of plague victims and stripping the dead bodies of money, jewelry and anything else of value that could be found. Although the plague was highly contagious, not one of these morbid band of thieves ever contracted the dreaded plague even though their thefts had put them in daily contact with the dead bodies of plague victims. The King, eager to protect himself and the Royal Family, demanded to know how the thieves had avoided the plague.
These men were, by trade, perfumers and spice traders. Because of their intimate knowledge of the healing arts, passed down from generation to generation, they were familiar with a combination of specific plant oils that, when rubbed on the body, would protect the body from contracting this most feared and deadly disease. The King forced the thieves to divulge the specific plant oils used, and the formula for extracting them from the plants. With that vital information in hand, he was able to protect himself and his family from the deadly plague.
- Thieves is considered a “hot” oil meaning that it will have a cooling sensation on your skin if it is not properly diluted before applying it to your skin.
- Thieves is also considered a photosensitive oil therefore avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 12-48 hours after applying it topically to avoid severe burns. I would also use caution around a bonfire.
- This oil contains clove and rosemary which is said not to be safe for pregnant women.
- If you are pregnant, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health care professional prior to use.
- Dilute heavily if you will be using it on small children.
Way to Use Thieves
Instructions from the bottle: Diffuse up to 10 minutes 3 times daily.
- Open the bottle and take a few deep breaths.
- Add 1-2 drops on your hand, rub them together clockwise and bring them up to your nose. Take a few deep breaths.
- Diffuse to help kill mold and other airborne germs.
- Diffuse to help promote wellness.
- Diffuse along with Orange or Nutmeg to create a fall scent.
- Diffuse with Tangerine and Lemon for another fall scent alternative.
- Add 2-3 drops to your laundry detergent (once you’ve added it to your washer) to help fresh things up.
- Carpet Freshner: Grab a glass measuring cup or bowl. Add 2 cups of baking soda and 10 drops of Thieves. Stir and sprinkle over your carpet. Let it sit for a few minutes and vacuum it up. Store any left overs in an air tight glass container.
- Floor Cleaner: Add 5-6 drops to your warm mop water for extra cleaning power.
- Air Freshner: Grab an 8 oz spray glass bottle. Add 10 drops and fill with distilled water. Shake it up and spray as needed.
Instructions from the bottle: Dilute 1 drop with 4 drops of V-6 or olive oil. Test on small area of skin on underside of arm. Apply to desired area as needed.
- Apply it to the bottom of your feet before bedtime to support immune function.*
- Add to throat and back of neck, diluted, with a warm compress.
- Apply 5 drops in a pedicure tub to help kill bacteria.
- Apply to joints for comfort.
- Foot Soak: Grab a glass bowl and add 1 cup of Epsom salt. Add 2 drops of Thieves and 2 drops of Peppermint. Mix together and add to a tub of warm water. Enjoy your detoxing food soak!
- Massage Oil: Add 6 drops of Thieves oil into a 4 oz glass container and fill with a carrier oil (coconut preferred). Apply to the bottom of feet during the colder months to stimulate the immune system or massage into lower back when you feel illness settling in.
Instructions from the bottle: Add 1–2 drops to a vegetarian gel capsule and take daily or as needed as a dietary supplement.
- Add 1-2 drops to a vegetable capsule and fill with 4-8 drops of carrier oil. Chase with water.
- Add 1-2 drops to your tea to boost immunity.
- Create “Thieves Tea” by adding 1 drop Thieves and 3 drops of Lemon to a mug of hot water. Add a little bit of honey to sweeten things up.
- Add 2-4 drops in water and gargle.
- Apply a drop directly on teeth or gums to help alleviate discomfort.
- Put a drop or a swirl of Thieves Vitality essential oil in your morning juice, tea, or coffee. The spicy, sweet flavor will also give your morning beverage a flavor boost.
- Add a drop to oatmeal, granola, or other cereal to elevate your breakfast.
- Take a shot of NingXia Red® with a drop of Thieves Vitality for a quick, spicy boost to your daily NingXia Red shot.
- Include a drop of Thieves Vitality in a cup of warm water or milk to add it to your wellness regimen.
- Add 1 drop of Thieves and 2 drops of Orange to warm apple juice for a homemade cider.
How do you use your Thieves?
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.